Building Automation Systems (BAS) Project Manager
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, help improve communities, and excel in system integration.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the General Manger of Systems Integrations, the BAS Project Manager will assist in Sales, Estimating, and Project Management. Duties include creating plan and spec estimates for our commercial and industrial mechanical projects.
- Sell large retro fit and design build project construction, control service and maintenance agreement sales.
- Identify and engage potential clients, understanding their integration needs and challenges.
- Review and submit detailed equipment submittals to determine system integration design criteria.
- Meet with client and/or Engineer of Record to determine design guidelines.
- Create and submit estimates of work.
- Order materials and maintain project cost controls.
- Attend job meetings and coordinate project scheduling and milestones.
- Complete drawing revisions as needed.
- Manage design changes and process change orders.
- Provide support to assigned SI & Controls Specialists.
- Manage commissioning.
- Manage RFI’s, closeouts and as-built process.
- Complete closeout binders.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years Project Management experience in the Mechanical Services industry.
- Experience in Retro and service maintenance agreement sales.
- Familiarity with HVAC electrical control panels.
- Experience estimating, selling, and managing projects in temperature controls, low voltage installations, and security/surveillance fields.
- Strong electrical background and knowledge of local codes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with clients, technical teams, and internal stakeholders effectively.