HVAC/R Service Technician
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities. Our dedicated team includes HVAC/R service technicians who play an essential role in ensuring the ongoing performance and maintenance of critical systems.
Located out of our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility, and reporting to the HVAC/R General Manager. The HVAC/R Service Technician will do Maintenance, Repairs, Retrofit Projects, Troubleshooting, Customer, and Account Management. The Technician would also be responsible for abiding by AMS’s extensive safety culture.
- Responsible for HVAC/R service, repair and maintenance support to office buildings, multifamily residential high rises, process/manufacturing, healthcare, education and retail facilities.
- Perform routine and emergency service.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities as a journeyman service technician including paperwork, documentation, customer relations, communication, repair and PM schedules.
- Participate with on-call duties as required.
- Freon based refrigeration background a plus.
- College degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of all commercial ventilation system, unitary systems, heating systems and controls.
- Completion of UA-597 apprenticeship or equivalent a plus.
- Prior safety training a plus, OSHA 30, fall and Arc blast.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education programs.