HVAC Design Coordinator
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Director of Engineering & Design, the HVAC Design Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of project design utilizing the latest BIM technology.
- Prepare HVAC Permit and Design Documents.
- Prepare HVAC Shop Drawings through careful project coordination.
- Prepare HVAC As-built Documents.
- Visit jobsites for Coordination.
- Attend project coordination meetings.
- Collaborate with the project management team and field staff on project requirements and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Support design team on project work through modeling and adherence with project standards.
- Lead project coordination meetings, as required by contract.
- Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team.
- Link BIM to project Construction Administration Phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules.
- Create Revit assemblies in response to project needs.
- Provide support for electronic file submissions.
- High School diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- 5 years of HVAC design experience.
- Proficiency in the Autodesk suite of construction platforms including AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
- Experience in construction or trade experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter who is both goal-oriented and customer-oriented.
If you would like to speak to someone directly, please feel free to contact our Recruitment & Talent Acquisition Manager, Carrie Novak.
She can be reached at 331.903.3482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.