Fire Sprinkler Designer
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
We are located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and this position will report to the VP of Fire Protection.
- Prepare fire sprinkler design drawings that maximize efficiency, meet code compliance and industry standards, and coordinate with building components and other trades using design software and 3D modeling.
- Coordinate pipe and sprinkler locations with building components and other trades.
- Prepare hydraulic calculations to determine pipe sizes.
- Stocklist materials for fabrication and purchasing.
- Detail shop drawings for installation.
- Submit drawings, documentation, and completed applications submitting applications for permits to the proper municipalities and/or authorities, with the appropriate transmittal forms.
- Attend company meetings and report the status of work as required.
- Expedite drawing approvals on a timely and consistent basis.
- College degree or equivalent experience in Construction, Engineering, or Design.
- 2+ years of experience in Fire Protection design.
- NICET certification is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If you would like to speak to someone directly, please feel free to contact our Recruitment & Talent Acquisition Manager, Carrie Novak.
She can be reached at 331.903.3482 or via email at email@example.com.