Boiler Service Technician
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities. Our dedicated team includes skilled Boiler Service Technicians who play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability and efficiency of heating systems.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the General Manager, the Boiler Service Technician is required to troubleshoot commercial boilers and associated burner control systems as well as all ancillary equipment. They also require the ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of problems.
- Minimum of 5 years direct, hands-on experience and good working knowledge of steam/hot water boilers/burners, controls, combustion, and ancillary equipment.
- Represent the company and serve as a direct customer contact and be responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, evaluating, diagnosing, and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Hands on ability to perform combustion analysis, burner tuning as well as troubleshooting skills.
- Use specialty tools along with a variety of hand-tools, following diagrams or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Responsible for the completion of internal and external inspections of boilers, burners, and associated controls.
- Evaluate boiler room equipment and steam/hydronic systems, gather information, and help solve problems.
- High School diploma or GED required College degree a preferred.
- 5 years of Boiler experience.
- Clean driving record. Must be insurable with no major infractions and must provide valid driver’s license.
- Proficient mechanical & electrical experience.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and areas.
- Must be professionally presentable, must have good customer skills and strong communication skills, must be able to operate independently and communicate efficiently and effectively with both the customer and management.
- Must be detail oriented in completing work orders, all required forms, summaries, and checklist as required.
- Operating knowledge and working proficiency with handheld computer (i.e., Smartphone, iPad).