Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located out of our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility, and reporting to the HVAC/R General Manager. The Ammonia Service Technician will do Maintenance, Repairs, Retrofit Projects, Troubleshooting, Customer, and Account Management. The Technician would also be responsible for abiding by AMS’s extensive safety culture.
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and process industries.
- Perform routine and emergency service in industrial applications.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities as a journeyman service technician including paperwork, documentation, customer relations, communication, repair and PM schedules.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with limited supervision as a service technician.
- Work experience in refrigeration service, preferably Ammonia Refrigeration Systems however will train for the right candidate.
- Freon based refrigeration background a plus.
- College degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of all commercial ventilation system, unitary systems, heating systems and controls.
- Completion of UA-597 apprenticeship or equivalent a plus.
- Prior safety training a plus, OSHA 30, fall and Arc blast.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education programs.
- RETA 1&2 Certification a plus.
- CIRO Certification a plus.
- PSM education a plus.
- 24 Hour Haz Mat Response Training and updated refreshers.