Project Estimator: Piping
AMS Industries, Inc. is a MEP+™ contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP+™ contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
We are located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility. Reporting directly to the Chief Estimator, The Project Estimator will assist in creating plan and spec estimates, design-build estimates, high-level budgeting, and general budgeting for our commercial and industrial mechanical projects.
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Great attention to detail.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Issue intelligent and perceptive RFIs.
- Performs quantity take-offs for piping systems and mechanical equipment for industrial piping and mechanical systems.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates in a timely manner.
- Organize sub‐contractor and vendor quotations, and ensure quotes meet contract documents.
- Maintain relationships with sub‐contractors and clients.
- Prepares, coordinates, and evaluates subcontractor bid packages.
- Assemble material and labor costing information for the company’s historical database.
- Formulate cost breakdown from estimates for project managers’ pre-construction budgeting.
- Attend pre-bid walk-thru periodically.
- Work with other company estimators assembling multi-trade proposals.
- 10 years of experience.
- Previous experience estimating commercial projects.
- Computer estimating software experience. QuickPen AutoBid experience preferred.
- Experience with HVAC take-off is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, Excel, Project).
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications. Knowledge of Piping Plan, Isometric, and detail drawings.
- College Graduate or equivalent experience.
- A Mix of field and office experience is a plus.
If you would like to speak to someone directly, please feel free to contact our Recruitment & Talent Acquisition Manager, Carrie Novak.
She can be reached at 331.903.3482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.